1 CEC with Fitness Australia
1 CPD with NZ Reps
Diastasis is abdominal separation that occurs predominantly in post natal women, but also in overweight and obese men1. It occurs when the linea alba stretches to accommodate the growing baby, and is perfectly natural. However, if the gap fails to close after the baby is born, other injuries can develop. In this module we will learn what it looks like, how to measure it, how to grade it, and how to modify exercise when you’ve discovered it!
- Understand who is at risk of developing Diastasis
- Learn what diastasis might look and feel like
- Learn to measure a diastasis
- Understand how to grade a diastasis
- Grasp what this means for your exercise program.